Monday, October 7, 2019

Introduction

        I am Jacob Norkin from and am from Fort Lauderdale Florida. I am currently enrolled in AICE Mediastudies and plan to learn a lot about film making. I have always enjoyed watching and analyzing movies. Some of my favorites are Inglorious Basterds and Silence of the Lambs. I really enjoy all of Quinten Tarintino’s films including his most recent one. I am also a huge sports fan. I root for the Miami teams for football, baseball, and basketball (the Dolphins, Marlins, and Heat). I also compete in a fantasy football league with my dad and members of his family. I always do really well as I am good at predicting which players will be good and which ones will preform poorly.

       I live at home with my mom, dad and sister. I also have 2 dogs, one named Timmy and the other, Daisy. Daisy is a puppy, only a year old while Timmy is older, we don’t know Timmy’s exact age because he was a rescue. In my free time I like to play video games and listen to music. The games I play the most are Madden, NBA2k, and Fortnite. I often play Fortnite with my friends Tim and Jahni. We are pretty good at the game, and frequently get victory royales. We also play against each other is practice matches, and I win a lot but Tim wins more. In school I usually do very well, almost all A’s with a few B’s as I have a 3.94 unweighted GPA. My best subjects are math and science, and I am a member of my school’s math club. When I was in elementary school I represented my school in county wide math competitions.

      I listen to a ton of music spanning over a wide variety of genres. Some of my favorite genres of music are inde folk, progressive rock, and conscious hip-hop. Some of my favorite artists are Kendrick Lamar, Pink Floyd, and King Crimson. Some of my favorite albums are The Wall, Ok Computer, and Taboo. But my favorite album ever is a inde rock album from an under ground group called Neutral Milk Hotel. The record is called “In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.” It is a magical and transformative experience that is almost impossible to understand unless you listen to the album for yourself. I am also very active on a music forum site called rym (rate your music) and I get many great recommendations from that site. For me music is an escape from reality and I can really help me when I am stressed out. A great album or song can really change my mood, for better or for worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

5. In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time.                Over the ...