Friday, January 17, 2020

Beginning the Final Task

      I am Jacob, and I have really enjoyed AICE Mediastudies so far through the year. I love to watch TV shows and movies and this class is helping me get a better understanding of them. Some of my favorite movies are, Inglorious Basterds and The Silence of the Lambs. Outside of film, I also really enjoy watching sports and playing video games. Usually I play video games in my free time, i play games like Fortnite and Smite. I spend a lot of time studying and doing homework so I can get good grades as well. I also love to listen to music, and listen to a variety of genres. My favorite bands are: Death Grips, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Pink Floyd. In this project I will be working with Tim, Kyle, and Carter. They are very hard workers and I can not wait to start.
   Over this year I learned a lot about making films. I have gotten to be a slightly better actor as I had to act in the music video. I also have gotten more creative with shots and camera angles. I also learned the names of a lot of camera angles, shots, movement, and editing techniques. Finally I am much better at directing than I was. My main role in this project will be deciding the shots, and how to record them for the project. For the other projects I was in a role very similar to this and it worked out. I am not a bad cameraman, and keep getting better with each project. Kyle will probably be the editor, since he is very good at it. Tim and Carter will help with everything along the way to make our video as good as possible.


    The following will be 3 pitches we came up with, a pitch is a short description of a movie's plot in about 25 words, this should make the story be interesting so a director would want to produce it.
1. AN infamous bank robber who recently retired. Gets an invitation to be a part of a life changing heist worth billions, he has to make a hard decision

2. A child who idolizes a famous hero, takes extreme measures to become the real life the hero. This crazy pursuit results in homicides and more.

3. This movie follows the perspective of a deranged kidnapper, he slowly comes to realization over the course of the movie and tries undoing his actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

5. In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time.                Over the ...