Thursday, April 9, 2020

Commercial


     This is the commercial we filed at the beginning of the year. For how inexperienced we were at the time, I am pretty proud of it. This is a commercial for Gatorade. For this commercial we did the story of a track runner. We decided on this after watching a lot of Gatorade commercials. After watching those commercials we found a common trope. It was that all of these commercials showed an athlete doing what they are best at, then at the end they drink Gatorade to refuel themselves. This whole commercial was recorded in one day. I remember that when we recorded this, our camera died. Luckily we had some very helpful peers who were also on the track who let us use their battery for a few minutes before we had to go back inside. Of course we switched the batteries back before going inside. When we recorded this, I was the main director. I was the one determining most of the shots. Because of this, the other 3 members were actors. They were all the people our main character (Sean) ran against. I was in the movie for one scene where I played Sean's coach. I told him good job, then threw him a Gatorade. Overall, I think this is a good commercial for the time limit and lack of experience we had at the time. Kyle also i=did a great job of editing. This diffidently helped us develop our skills for our other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

5. In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time.                Over the ...