Thursday, April 9, 2020

Music Video

     This is the music video we did in the middle of the year. This was a fun time to record. I played the main character who loses his dog. My dog played the dog. This was a music video to the song "Gary Come Home" from SpongeBob Squarepants. This is a very sad song about SpongeBob losing his pet snail. This was probably the most fun project to record. One Saturday, Kyle came over to my house and we filmed it in about 4 hours. We watched a lot of sad song music videos and decided the types of shots and movements we wanted weeks before we recorded. Tim helped a lot with the creation of the shots and storyboard. When we filmed it was a little difficult to get my dog to cooperate for some shots. We eventually got it though, by using a lot of treats. I think this turned out very well. It uses the common tropes in sad music videos very well. It also has a happy ending. We all helped Kyle edit most of this as well. We helped decide on certain filters, and editing techniques he used. Overall I think my acting got better over this project. I also got better at coming up with plots and stories, and directing. All of these skills would be very useful for creating our final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

5. In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time.                Over the ...